Tuesday 9 October 2012

Summer Sun with Nivea Sunblock


Summer Sun

I don’t know about the rest of the country but here in Cape Town, we have experienced some rather horrible wet winter weather. But now that spring is here, we have had a few beautiful days where the heat has forced this heavily pregnant hippo out into the summer sun. But then I noticed something that I haven’t noticed before… I was as white as a dam sheet! I was horrified. I was always the tanned girl and in winter to fight the whiteness, I used spray tan by a professional. But then it hit me, I didn’t spray tan or lie in the sun since before winter, before I fell preggers. Was this my natural skin colour? Eew! LOL!

So I headed outside to Big Bay to sit on the grass, enjoy my day and get some sun but I had to put on sunscreen because I knew I would just burn red and peel. I went to the cupboard and found last year December’s sunblock which had become lumpy… In the bin it went. The sunblock I apply to my face everyday just wasn’t going to do so I had to get new sunblock.

I found myself standing at the sunblock section of Clicks staring at all the different brands and the dam prices. Since when did sunblock cost this price? My eyes hit Nivea and as usual I reached for the ‘light feeling sunblock’ because I hate feeling oily.

I headed off to the beach and applied my sunblock and I must say, it felt great! :) I reapplied it every few hours and I did get a tan even with sunblock but I also didn’t have stuff sticking to me from being so dam oily. My face also didn’t break out a few days later. I really recommend this sunblock for your summer days.

Just remember though that you must put the sunblock on 30 minutes prior to sun exposure as well as again after swimming and every couple of hours that you are in the sun.

I hope you ladies become beautifully bronzed this summer and not tomato red :)
BURN = SUN DAMAGE = AGEING

Happy beautifying

No comments:

Post a Comment